|School Name:||United States Naval Academy|
|Head coach:||Ed DeChellis|
The Navy Midshipmen men's basketball team represents the United States Naval Academy, in Annapolis, Maryland, in NCAA Division I college basketball. The team competes in the Patriot League and plays its home games in Alumni Hall.
- 1 NCAA tournament
- 2 Conference tournament championships
- 3 Awards and honors
- 4 Athletic Hall of Fame
- 5 Notable players
- 6 Coaches
- 7 External Links
The team has appeared in the NCAA tournament 11 times and made regional finals (the "Elite Eight") in 1954 and 1986.
- 1985: 2nd Round, NCAA Tournament (13th seed)
- 1986: Elite Eight, NCAA Tournament (7th seed)
- 1987: 1st Round, NCAA Tournament (8th seed)
Conference tournament championships
Patriot League tournament
- See: Patriot League Men's Basketball Tournament history
- 1994: tournament champion (tournament MVP: T.J. Hall)
- 1997: tournament champion (tournament MVP: Hassan Booker)
- 1998: tournament champion (tournament MVP: Skip Victor)
Colonial Athletic Association tournament
- 1985: tournament champion (tournament MVP: Vernon Butler)
- 1986: tournament champion (tournament MVP: David Robinson)
- 1987: tournament champion (tournament MVP: David Robinson)
Awards and honors
Colonial Athletic Association Men's Basketball Player of the Year
- 1984–85 – David Robinson
- 1985–86 – David Robinson
- 1986–87 – David Robinson
Patriot League Men's Basketball Player of the Year
- 2007–08 – Greg Sprink
Athletic Hall of Fame
The Athletic Hall of Fame is housed in Lejeune Hall. Among the exhibits is the Eastman Award won by David Robinson in 1987.
- Laurence Wild (1913) – Later head coach of the team, and the 30th Governor of American Samoa.
- Brian Gregory (1985–86) – head men's basketball coach at the University of Dayton
- Cliff Rees (1984–88) – over 1,100 career points at the Naval Academy and teammate of David Robinson.
- David Robinson (1983–87) – two-time NBA champion and a 2009 inductee into the Basketball Hall of Fame; the CAA's all-time points leader (2,669); won college basketball's two most prestigious player awards, the Naismith and Wooden awards
- Doug Wojcik (1982–86) – a teammate of David Robinson; current head coach at the University of Tulsa.
- See "Navy Midshipmen head basketball coaches" navigation box (below)